This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

How to add language switcher and translate homepage with WPML

• Creator
    Topic
    dizajn

Hi, one more question.

In which php file i can insert wpml php code for language selector, so it would appear in themeblvd-contact-bar? There where is paypal and email and rss icon..

Thanks

Toni

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    dizajn

Also one sub question: How can i translate homepage boxes with text with wpml? Cant find the strings…

Thanks

Toni

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Toni,

Are you not using our WPML Bridge plugin? — http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-blvd-wpml-bridge/

In which php file i can insert wpml php code for language selector, so it would appear in themeblvd-contact-bar? There where is paypal and email and rss icon..

With WPML Bridge plugin installed, go to WPML > Barely Corporate.

http://wpml.themeblvd.com/documentation/frontend-integration/

Also one sub question: How can i translate homepage boxes with text with wpml? Cant find the strings…

You need to create a custom layout for each language and apply it to each language’s theme options.

http://wpml.themeblvd.com/documentation/custom-homepage-layouts/

dizajn

Thanks Jason, WIth wpml bridge, i can set different homepages… This i was lookign for yes… Thanks

And for flags, thanks, this is perfect… You should hire me for tester…Hehe

Toni

dizajn

Jason, is it possible once i activated wmpl, site load went from half second to 15+ seconds? Very strange, also in admin it works really slow when saving new post to database… I guess it is server right?

T.

dizajn

Jason, it was WPML which stopped the site… What to do now? Why it is doing this? Help

Toni

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

WPML is a very load intensive plugin that uses quite a bit of resources. Theme is also pretty load-intensive compared to other simple WordPress themes, as well. But your site shouldn’t be taking that long to load. You may want to try activating everything and then contacting your web host and asking them to take a look at what you have going on in terms of server resource usage. It’s possible they could suggest some upgrades or variations on your account.

dizajn

Thanks, reactivated everything, and it loads instantly again… One question for flags, how can i add them into top nav bar field? not under but inside right to the icons.

Toni

dizajn

One question regarding posts displayed via tabs for homepage. There where you choose small image and then when you view it on front end, where it show that arrow when you hover it and want to click it…
    Can it be done instead of that arrow, featured image title would appear, so visitor knows on which post page he is going?

Toni

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

No, apologies, but the theme has no feature for this.

dizajn

How about flags into topnavbar? instead of under it?

dizajn

One more bug… When clicking envelope icon in topnavbar for sending mail, it opens new tab or window and outlook at the same time… How to disable opening new tab in browser? Only outlook to be opened.

T.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

How about flags into topnavbar? instead of under it?

What you see is what you get. Feel free to look into the the theme’s action hook system if you want to hook custom content anywhere in the theme from your Child theme.

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/primary-framework-action-hooks/

One more bug… When clicking envelope icon in topnavbar for sending mail, it opens new tab or window and outlook at the same time… How to disable opening new tab in browser? Only outlook to be opened.

Thanks. This is fixed in the next update to the theme.

dizajn

Hi, one question: In which file is this string “Apologies, but the page you’re looking for can’t be found” ?

Toni

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

All frontend text strings are here:

/framework/api/locals.php

… And can be filtered from your Child theme or with this plugin.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.