This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

wp_register_script and 'prettyPhoto'

• Creator
    Topic

It appears that either there’s a conflict with another plugin on my site, or WordPress itself does not support capital letters in wp_register_script

By replacing ‘prettyPhoto’ as the ID with ‘prettyphoto’, it resolves the issue we were having with the frontend producing this JS error:

“Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method ‘prettyPhoto'”

Hosted on WPEngine, so it could be to do w/ it’s own caching processes or something too.

Either way, best to avoid capital letters if it’s possible to update it in the future.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

prettyPhoto is something that’s been in our themes awhile now and is an important piece. I don’t think I’ve every dealt personally with anyone having resulting javascript issues just from the way it’s registered and enqueued. There must be some sort of conflict with something else on your site in conjunction with that. If you do ever figure out specifically where the conflict is, I’d love to know out of curiosity.

But the issue aside, I agree; there’s no reason that needs a capital letter anyway. I’ll make the change, for sure.

[edit] I just looked back at the current working updated version, and it looks like at some point we’ve already made the change. So, there we go. Thanks for posting. 🙂

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.