This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

WordPress recommendation

• Creator
    Topic
    oest
    Participant

hi there,

This query is somewhat unrelated but i was hoping you could help me out with a suggestion. I am setting up a new site where the customer wants to display and sort videos kind of like youtube (most liked, ratings, etc). I was thinking of approaching this buy embedding the videos into WP posts and then using the WTI Like plugin to enable user to rate post. This plugin comes with a widget that lists most liked posts in sidebar – but they come up as all text links.

What I am asking is for a theme suggestions that will be able to easily show featured images in sidebar widget and title of post below and not all the other data that comes as default when using the posts widgets. If it is a customisation that can be done with most themes, where would be an appropriate place to place a job offer? (i.e. appropriate WP communities).

I am going to you first as i value your expertise in this area and wondering if you have any recomendations.

Thank you

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

What I am asking is for a theme suggestions that will be able to easily show featured images in sidebar widget and title of post below

What you’re describing just sounds like the theme’s mini post list widget, no? It displays the title of each post, the featured image, and the date the post was published (which is optional).

But I guess it wouldn’t show the image above the title exactly, as you’re describing.

… and not all the other data that comes as default when using the posts widgets.

I’m honestly not quite sure what you mean by this, as I don’t really know what posts widgets you’re referring to. Do you mean the widgets that come with Akita? I would imagine if you search on code canyon and wordpress.org, you can find all kinds of widget plugins that’ll display posts in various ways.

But if you’re looking for custom work, you should definitely get in contact with our customization partners at WerkPress, and just have discussion with them about what custom elements they could build in for you with any of our themes.

http://support.themeblvd.com/customizations/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.