This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

WordPress Gallery ignoring columns after theme update – gallery post format

• Creator
    Topic
    carpegle
    Participant

I updated my theme from v1.1.4 to v2.0.5. All of the posts that contain a WordPress gallery appear to ignore the columns setting. Instead of rows and columns of images, I get one larger images at the top of the post and the remaining images shown as thumbnail images displayed in multiple rows beneath the larger image. I also have the Theme Blvd prettyPhoto plugin installed, but I cannot click on the larger image to view an expanded, even larger version of the image. I tried deactivating the Theme Blvd prettyPhoto plugin but the post still displayed the same.

URL for example: http://www.michelleglennphotography.com/2013/07/16/marysa-kirby-antique-planes/

Any ideas?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, this is now how the theme now handles the “Gallery” post format. It takes the images from your gallery and puts them in a slider at the top of the post.

http://demoblvd.com/themes/arcadian/2011/12/24/sample-gallery-post/

You could change the format of the post to “image”or “standard” if you like. This would eliminate the feature you’re describing.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

If you were using a child theme, here’s how you would remove this feature through customizations.

1) Copy content-gallery.php from the parent theme to your child theme and remove this from your version of the file:

<?php themeblvd_gallery_slider(); ?>

2) In your child theme’s functions.php, add this:

remove_filter( 'the_content', 'themeblvd_content_format_gallery', 7 );
    carpegle
    Participant

Jason,

Thank you for the very quick response. It is one of the major reasons I keep recommending and using your themes.

I have changed the Format setting for all Gallery posts to Image for this website. It uses another plugin that relies on the prettyPhoto plugin to provide eCommerce capability.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘The Arcadian Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.