This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

WooCommerce Question

• Creator
    Topic
    wlkernan

Hi,

I use WooCommerce with this theme. With the plugin you provided it seems to be working. However, another plugin I have that works with (adds to) WooCommerce did an update, which has created some problems.

They stated that one of the problems users of this plugin are facing is as follows: “WooCommerce has a template file called: templates/single-product/add-to-cart/variable.php. Some themes are bundling an older version of this file and will need updating. In the meantime, look for: yourtheme/woocommerce/single-product/add-to-cart/variable.php. And rename or delete the file. This will cause the core WC version to be used in place until the theme is made compatible.”

Does this theme use such a file? I logged into my site via FTP and could not find any such file as indicated above. There is no woocommerce directory in the theme folder, for example.

Thank you,

William

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello William,

The Akita theme does not provide (or advertise to) provide any specific support for WooCommerce. In the actual theme itself you will not find anything that’s been done for WooCommerce. So, unfortunately the solution you’ve found won’t be your answer, as no WooCommerce template files are bundled in the theme.

Our WooCommerce patch plugin is provided as just a way to give you a basic WooCommerce compatibility starting point, as a free courtesy. But it doesn’t go as far as to modify any WooComerce template files either. It basically just hooks in before and after the content, to make sure the output matches that of a standard theme page, and gives a custom sidebar.

Apologies, I know this all isn’t very helpful to solving your issue.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.