This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

WooCommerce Full Width Product Page

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster
    Note: For anyone browsing, what the code below accomplishes is no longer needed, as the functionality of changing sidebar layouts for different WooCommerce pages is built into the Theme Blvd WooCommerce Patch plugin, starting with v1.1.

Hello,

This’ll be a customization you’d need to make to the theme. Just take the function from the WooCommerce patch plugin and then tweak it to your needs from the functions.php of your Child theme. Here’s a starting point for you:

function my_woocommerce_sidebar_layout( $sidebar_layout ){

global $post;

// Only run if WooCommerce plugin is installed
    	if( function_exists( 'is_woocommerce' ) ) {

// Figure out if this a static page we need force as a WooCommerce page.
    		$force_woocommerce = false;
    		if( is_page() ) { 
    			$woocommerce_page = get_post_meta( $post->ID, '_tb_woocommerce_page', true );
    			if( $woocommerce_page === 'true' )
    				$force_woocommerce = true;
    		}

// Adjust sidebar layout if necessary.
    		if( is_woocommerce() || $force_woocommerce )
    			$sidebar_layout = 'full_width';

}

return $sidebar_layout;
    }
    remove_filter( 'themeblvd_sidebar_layout', 'tb_woocommerce_sidebar_layout' );
    add_filter( 'themeblvd_sidebar_layout', 'my_woocommerce_sidebar_layout' );

WooCommerce is a great plugin and has a lot of flexibility. They’ve also got tons of other conditional tags you could potentially use here like is_product().

http://docs.woothemes.com/document/conditional-tags/

7websitedesign
    Participant

Ok, Jason, that worked great initially. I just updated woocommerce to 2.08 and Themeblvd woocommerce patch and it is not displaying full-width anymore. Suggestions?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

If you’re using Theme Blvd WooCommerce Patch v1.1+, you can now set all of this from your Theme Options page. Go to Appearance > Theme Options > WooCommerce, and I think you’ll like that added flexibility. In the next update to Alyeska, you’ll also have WooCommerce-specific breadcrumbs that appear, as well, in your site.

Suggestions?

You should read update logs before updating plugins. 😉

7websitedesign
    Participant

Jason,

Thanks so much for adding this function. Much appreciated!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.