This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

WooCommerce

• Creator
    Topic
    bunionbootie

Hi there,

Just a quick note to see if there are any fresh thoughts as to if it’s a good idea to install the WooCommerce on the Alyeska theme. The last post was a year ago. I see the link to the Patch.
    Any advice before I give this a go? My current cart is going out of business so I have to switch in the next two weeks. EEK!

Thanks!
    Lisa
    http://www.BunionBootie.com

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Nothing has really changed in that time. I don’t offer any specific WooCommerce theme integration or support for themes with framework 2.4 and earlier. With that said, you can use that patch plugin, which essentially just follows the WooCommerce basic theme integration steps, in order for the structure of pages to remain intact with the plugin. As far as I know, this all still works the same as it did a year ago.

https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/theme-blvd-woocommerce-patch/

bunionbootie

Thanks for the quick reply Jason!

I made a staging environment before swapping out carts but it seems like the Woo Commerce plugin is messing up my style sheet in Staging. When I disable the Woo Commerce plugin, all the pages preview fine but with it activated ALL my pages are stripped of my theme’s look and feel. Do you think this means its not compatible, or is it possible something hard coded in the production site is keeping me from previewing my pages the way they should in Staging? My theme was just updated in November and I’ve tried disabling the patch too but that had no impact.

I love my site as it is today with your theme but unfortunately my current shopping cart just gave me two weeks notice that they are going out of business so i have to find something ASAP. If I can’t use Woo Commerce, is there anything in particular I need to look for in a cart to make sure its compatible with my theme (Alyeska)?

I appreciate any help you can offer.
    Lisa

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Sorry I don’t mean to sound repetitive but are you sure you had our patch plugin installed? What you’re describing sounds like the result of activating WooCommerce without the patch plugin?

bunionbootie

Hi Jason, I don’t mind you second guessing me, I have been all day. This is the patch I’m using. I’ve disabled it and then reactivated it. Unless I’m missing some custom configuration….
    I installed it after WooCommerce…does the order matter?
    I’d REALLY love to get this to work. If you can think of anything else, I’ll try anything.
    Could it be conflicting with another plugin?

Select Theme Blvd WooCommerce Patch
    Theme Blvd WooCommerce Patch
    Deactivate | Edit
    This plugins adds basic compatibility with Theme Blvd themes and WooCommerce.
    Version 1.1.1 | By Jason Bobich | View details
    March 19, 2016

this is how it looks, I do see cart components and even a few images (product, button) but for the most part this is how ANY page previews. Each line item below is a hyperlink.

Email
    Facebook
    Google+
    Pinterest
    Twitter
    YouTube
    RSS

Have Questions? 877.208.4540 (M-F 10am – 4pm PT)

Buy Bunion Bootie
    Bunion Bootie
    Sizing Tips
    Bunions
    Bunion Treatments
    Buy BunionETTE Bootie
    Bunionette Bootie
    Discounts
    Reviews
    Who Loves Them
    FAQ
    Blog
    About
    Contact
    News & Press
    My Cart

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hm, I’m not sure. I just tested for you on my end. I’ve got the latest version of the theme, WooCommerce and Theme Blvd WooCommerce patch, and everything seems to be working as it should.

bunionbootie

oh jeez….I’m not sure either. The patch seems to have no impact, the pages (even my old pages) look the same with or without it (with no formatting). But the minute I deactivate WooCommerce, everything looks fine again.
    To confirm, I just need to activate it, correct? No customization or settings need to be changed once it’s activated?

http://postimg.org/image/6pnald70v/

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah just now I didn’t do anything other than just activate the two plugins and create a product. What you’re showing in your screenshot doesn’t quite make sense. Is there any way you could reproduce this somewhere I can see at a live link? There has to be a simple explanation for this.

bunionbootie

Try this – http://ef5.b49.myftpupload.com/about-bunion-relief/ My old About Us Page
    Again this is my staging environment, I know it shouldn’t make a difference but maybe it does.

The links you see listed that start with “BUY” won’t work, those are to my old cart.

This is the link to the WooCommerce Cart – http://ef5.b49.myftpupload.com/wcart/
    This is the WooCommerce Shop page – http://ef5.b49.myftpupload.com/shop/

Thank you for your time Jason 🙂

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I think it’s something to do with whatever caching plugin you’re using to compress all your scripts and stylesheets. I don’t think this actually has anything to do with WooCommerce, other than you’re activating a plugin that’s adding more stylesheets to a cache that needs to be cleared. Try either clearing the cache or disabling the plugin that’s doing the caching.

bunionbootie

We use GoDaddy’s Managed WordPress hosting. It doesn’t allow me to use Caching plugins but they have a function to clear the cache and I just did that several times but not change 🙁

Here’s my list of active plugins in case something catches your eye… I had deactivated and then reactivated the two redirecting plugins and there was no change. I disabled a Force SLL plugin as that’s the only way I could get anything to preview.

Active Plugins (41)
    404 to 301 by Joel James – 2.1.4
    Advanced Image Styles by Gregory Cornelius – 0.4
    Any Mobile Theme Switcher by Dinesh Karki – 1.9
    Bing Ads UET by Jamie Chung – 1.0
    Duplicate Post by Enrico Battocchi – 2.6
    Easy Set Favicon by Eftakhairul Islam & Sirajus Salayhin – 1.1
    Envato WordPress Toolkit by Envato – 1.7.3
    Eggplant 301 Redirects by Shawn Wernig http://www.eggplantstudios.ca – 2.3.0
    EWWW Image Optimizer by Shane Bishop – 2.6.0
    Global Content Blocks by Dave Liske – 2.1.5
    Insert Headers and Footers by WPBeginner – 1.3.3
    Media Library Alt Fields by Jarret Cade – 1.1
    Page Speed by Rex Anthony D. Eubanas – 1.2.1
    Page/Post Specific Social Share Buttons by Ryan Howard, Aboobacker P – 2.1
    Perfect Audience Retargeting by PerfectAudience – 1.4
    Plugin Activation Date by Maor Chasen – 1.1
    PopupAlly by Nathalie Lussier Media Inc. – 1.5.1
    Quotes Collection by Srini G – 2.0.4
    Simple Analytics by Theme Blvd – 1.0.3
    Speed Booster Pack by Tiguan – 2.7
    Testimonial Basics by Kevin Archibald – 4.2.3
    Theme Blvd Layout Builder by Theme Blvd – 2.0.9.5
    Theme Blvd Shortcodes by Theme Blvd – 1.5.9.1
    Theme Blvd Sliders by Theme Blvd – 1.2.4
    Theme Blvd Widget Areas by Theme Blvd – 1.2.4
    Theme Blvd Widget Pack by Theme Blvd – 1.0.5
    Theme Blvd WooCommerce Patch by Jason Bobich – 1.1.1
    TimThumb Vulnerability Scanner by Peter Butler – 1.53
    Tweeple by Theme Blvd – 0.9.4
    Use Google Libraries by Jason Penney – 1.6.2.1
    vSlider by Mr.Vibe – 4.1.2
    WooCommerce by WooThemes – 2.5.5
    WordPress Backup to Dropbox by Michael De Wildt – 4.4.1
    Yoast SEO by Team Yoast – 3.1.1
    WP-Ban by Lester ‘GaMerZ’ Chan – 1.68
    WP Frontpage News by WPCode United / Yann Dubois – 1.0.2
    WP Minify by Thaya Kareeson – 1.2.0
    WP-Optimize by Ruhani Rabin – 1.8.9.10
    WP-PageNavi by Lester ‘GaMerZ’ Chan – 2.89.1
    WP Performance Score Booster by Dipak C. Gajjar – 1.5
    Wufoo Shortcode Plugin by Chris Coyier / Wufoo – 1.43

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I don’t think it’s anything to do with your plugins. I think it’s an issue specifically with how they’re minifying and compressing all of these scripts and stylesheets together on your server. View your website’s source in your web browser, then try to click the CSS file it’s creating that has all styles compress into.

Notice how you get a 400 Bad Request error from the server. So I think this is some sort of server error with your managed hosting and how it’s compressing these assets on the frontend. I would contact GoDaddy support.

bunionbootie

ok, I’ll call them first thing in the am. Thanks and have a great night 🙂

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Also whereever you were clearing the cache before I’d check if there’s some sort of CSS minification option they give you, that you can disable.

bunionbootie

Hey Jason! I had a minify plugin that I disabled myself, now I can see the products and my pages! Check out the links I sent you last night! Thank you thank you for that tip!!!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.