This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Wont upload: Are you sure you want to do this?

• Creator
    Topic
    itstime
    Participant

PHP max upload is set extremely high
    Uploading the right file
    All folders have the right permissions
    Tried on two different domains on two different servers.
    Other themes upload just fine.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with uploading the theme, and apologies for any issues we’ve been having with our support forum yesterday.

Is this a wordpress.com site by chance? Opposed to a site using the wordpress.org PHP application? I’ve had a couple of people make that mistake in the past, not understanding that themes on ThemeForest do not work for wordpress.com sites.

PHP max upload is set extremely high
    Uploading the right file
    All folders have the right permissions
    Tried on two different domains on two different servers.

Assuming this is not a wordpress.com site, and all this is accurate, I don’t know what else it could be. How this works is honestly pretty basic. You’ve got a theme folder that we compress into a ZIP. Then when you upload it through your WordPress admin, WordPress just extracts it and puts the theme folder where it needs to be. The only thing that would make this theme different than any other is the size of the ZIP file — This is actually due to all the background images that come actually in the theme, which we’ve taken care of for the next update by including them separately.

Not knowing your specific server setup, I have nothing else to really say except to upload it manually. Anyone who has the ability to check their PHP upload limit on their server should be able to do this in a few minutes. 😉

Just unzip the alyeska.zip file, and upload the resulting “alyeska” folder to /wp-content/themes/ where you have WordPress installed. You can do this with any FTP client or however you manage files on your server.

Here’s a video that goes into more detail on this topic: https://vimeo.com/16681592

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.