This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Will this Template Work with Simple Page Sidebars

• Creator
    Topic
    tdean
    Participant

Will this Template Work with Simple Page Sidebars? Found here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-page-sidebars/other_notes/

I am worried it wont because of the theme. In their notes it says:

Theme Sidebars:
    Some themes create different sidebars for their various page templates, which means there isn’t a default sidebar that can be replaced. The only workaround to continue using Simple Page Sidebars in this instance is to create a child theme to force page templates with custom sidebars to use the default sidebar.

I really need to be able to display custom sidebar content on a per page basis. Am I just being a rook and not seeing something already built-in? Or is there a template I should be creating to hold these custom sidebars for these categories?

Thanks a ton,

TW

**** EDIT **** Wow…I havn’t worked with WordPress in a while. THIS IS ACCOMPLISHED VIA CUSTOM WIDGET AREAS.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yup 😉 — This is actually a feature of the theme, and not WordPress in general. Check out the documentation that came in your download package for video tutorial on this topic and many other topics of what you can do with the theme.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.