This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Widgets vanished from everywhere except homepage

• Creator
    Topic
    tdkehoe
    Participant

Yesterday I installed a child theme to fix a couple problems. Now the widgets won’t appear anywhere except the homepage. I have no widget areas set on either the parent or child themes. I’ve looked through every screen on Akita’s back end but I can’t find anything that makes the homepage display different widgets than the rest of the website. I have the “Homepage” set to display a static page. How do I fix this problem?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    tdkehoe
    Participant

The widgets now appear on all pages. I have no idea how this happened.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Have you gone to Appearance > Widgets and verified that the widgets are still in their respective widget areas? Sometimes when you’re switching themes, WordPress gets finicky with keeping the widgets in the same widget areas. Things often get shifted around between widget areas or placed into the “Inactive Widgets” section.

Or am I misunderstanding what you’re describing the issue is?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.