This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Widget Logic Visual broken

• Creator
    Topic
    gp23
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    It’s great to see your new theme framework, but I’m feeling a little abandoned here 🙁
    I’ve been using Complexity2 for only 9 months, but it’s been left behind. I also followed your recommendation to use Widget Logic Visual, which is broken by WP 3.5 and appears to be abandoned by its developers.
    So I’m wondering if you have any advice for regaining control over widget placement.
    …and it would be great if you could update this theme to the new framework 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I think you’ve got your plugins mixed up with the widget logic. This is the correct plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-logic/

I’ve honestly never heard of the other one, but it looks like sort of copy of the original made at some point for less tech-savvy users, I suppose. But either way, you want to stick with the original Widget Logic plugin. It hasn’t been abandoned.

And this theme will be updated in the future (I’m probably going to change the name, too). I’m currently going through and trying to get everything up-to-date. This theme is my 2nd best selling theme, so I wouldn’t just abandon it. 😉

gp23
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I forgot that you recommended the original Widget Logic. I used WLV because I was being lazy …it’s based on WL but with a bit of a GUI.

Great to hear you’ll be updating Complexity. Does your Widget Areas Plugin provide the functionality of Widget Logic?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Does your Widget Areas Plugin provide the functionality of Widget Logic?

They do, but not in the same way. You can create and assign entire widget areas (i.e. sidebars) to certain pages of your site.

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/widget-areas-for-the-end-user/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Commodore WordPress Theme (formerly Complexity)’ is closed to new topics and replies.