This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Widget Areas Not Working

• Creator
    Topic
    jnapier
    Participant

I am having trouble getting the Widget Areas to work. When I attempt to add a new widget area, nothing happens on my theme.
    http://tinypic.com/r/2zfjw54/6

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Have you checked out the video series from your documentation on how the widget area manger works? This should give you a pretty detailed outline of how all this can be utilized within your site.

jnapier
    Participant

I know how to use them yes. I have worked with them before in fact.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Aw, I think I’ve seen this before. Do you happen to have a lot of posts on this site?

jnapier
    Participant

A whole bunch, we have been in operation for a number of years.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Try putting this in your functions.php —

function my_conditionals_config( $conditionals ){
    	unset($conditionals['posts']);
    	return $conditionals;
    }
    add_filter('themeblvd_conditionals_config', 'my_conditionals_config');
    jnapier
    Participant

Installed, but it appears as follows and will not fully load after a number of minutes
    http://tinypic.com/r/etb1j5/6

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hmm, not sure what else. If you want to shoot me a login to your admin, I can probably figure it out for you.

My Account > Submit private info

jnapier
    Participant

sent

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

All right, so the issue was because there was so many posts and tags and your server can’t pull them all. So I just changed the temporary fix to this:

function my_conditionals_config( $conditionals ){
    	unset($conditionals['posts']);
    	unset($conditionals['tags']);
    	return $conditionals;
    }
    add_filter('themeblvd_conditionals_config', 'my_conditionals_config');

… This won’t be needed in the next update to the theme because it no longer lists these items.

jnapier
    Participant

Thank you so much

jnapier
    Participant

I am having this issue once again. I receive the following error when trying to edit a widget area.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 43 bytes) in /home/content/65/10170165/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1941

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

This means you’ve exceeded the memory usage limit on your server setup for PHP. This is due to a combination of many factors all combined — your server configuration, with WordPress usage, the theme usage, and the added usage of the plugins you’re using.

Solutions could include upgrading hosting, scaling back plugins, or just increasing the memory usage allotted to PHP on your server, which is actually quite painless, as WordPress gives you a simple way to do it.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.