This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Widget area space at the top

• Creator
    Topic
    dklahre
    Participant

At the top of the widgets, I noticed that there is a space when I try to insert a sign up form. Is there a way to make this disappear? Also, I have noticed that when inserting audio using the wordpress supported player, the mp3 file gets stuck A LOT and stops within the first 2 minutes of play. Is there a fixit for that? You can see what I mean here:

http://venturecoffeetalk.com/mahwah-new-jersey-tax-haven/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

At the top of the widgets, I noticed that there is a space when I try to insert a sign up form. Is there a way to make this disappear?

You’d just override the CSS from the plugin you’re using. Often third-party plugins are going to require little CSS tweaks to look exactly the way you want and integrate with whatever theme you’re using.

#mc_embed_signup h2 {
    	margin-top: 0;
    }

For CSS changes, it’s a good idea to use a tool like firebug or Google Chrome’s built-in developer tools to locate them and then put the edits either in your child theme‘s style.css or in the “Custom CSS” option on your theme options page.

Also, I have noticed that when inserting audio using the wordpress supported player, the mp3 file gets stuck A LOT and stops within the first 2 minutes of play. Is there a fixit for that?

The theme doesn’t do anything to the default audio player except style it to be responsive. Unfortunately, it’s actual functionality isn’t anything the theme controls.

Recently, in further theme development, I’ve been doing a lot with styling default video/audio players built into WordPress for integrating post formats, and I have also seen odd, inconsistent behavior with the players. Hopefully this will be improved in the future.

Maybe try posting in wordpress.org forums to see if anyone has suggestions on things you can do maybe with your audio files that will help you to get the best result from the player. That’s not really in my realm of expertise. 😉

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.