This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Widget area not working

• Creator
    Topic
    jeffpeyton

We cannot access or change ANY widgets. Apparently this stopped working after WP was updated to 3.5.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’d start by going through and disabling all of your plugins to rule any of them out. The theme doesn’t add any kind of javascript to the Widgets page of WordPress and noone else has reported any similar issues, so it’s unlikely this would have anything to do with the theme.

jeffpeyton

Only ONE plugin was active. Tried deactivating, reinstalled and updated. Nothing worked. I noticed on your Theme Forest comments tab that someone else reported the EXACT same thing, but was referred to this forum for the answer. (I guess they never registered here.)

The entire widgets section is not clickable. I can’t even access “screen options.” I agree with you that WP 3.5 shouldn’t matter, but that’s the only thing that’s changed on the site.

Our version of this theme is pre-responsive. Are there any callouts in the newer code that could affect us? I also noticed there is no “update theme” link. If I reinstall the theme, how much of my site customization will I lose?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Aw, I didn’t realize that you were using such an old version of the theme that we no longer support. To be honest the old theme is completely untested in anything past WordPress 3.3, so I can’t really say if something there would be the cause.

About a year ago, we completely re-did the theme. Nothing is the same as the old theme, so there’s nothing really to transfer. Here is all of the information about updating from the old to new (which is v3) — http://www.jasonbobich.com/theme-forest-updates/some-big-updates-to-my-themes-and-some-common-questions-answered/

What version of Barely Corporate are you using? What web browser are you using in your WordPress admin?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Barely Corporate Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.