This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Where can I feed the Services Template

• Creator
    Topic
    karinafa
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    I was wondering where the Services Template is feed from. I looked at the Theme documentation, Widgets, Theme Options and I don’t find those Sub Headline 1, 2,..-6 that are there by default.
    Thank you!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I apologize, but I’m not sure what you’re referring to. Can you try to be more specific? Or maybe link me to what you’re referring to on the demo?

http://themeblvd.com/demo/complexity

Are you referring to something on the homepage? Or another page? Or maybe you mean the “Our Services” page from the bonus content?

http://www.themeblvd.com/demo/complexity/sample-content/our-services/

If you mean this “Our Services” page, it’s just a page that you’d edit among your other WordPress pages. There’s no template or anything. All of these bonus content pages are just basic WP pages that come with some HTML in them as examples.

karinafa
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    Thanks for your prompt reply. Please check my website:
    http://www.thinkdigitalgroup.com/ (under construction)
    I added a tab TEST on the Menu, so you can see what I am talking about. There are two pages:
    -Services (Template used=Services): I’d like to know where I can edit these Sub headlines 1..2..3, etc.
    -Sidebar (Template used=Sidebar left & right): The templates always show the “Edit link”, I would like to remove that. Where can I remove it?
    Another question, I would like to add a message in the footer area, the Copyright area. I checked the themeblvd_copyright.php file, but I don’t see where the “message” is coming from, so I can add some text there.
    Thank you, I really appreciate your kind help.
    Karina

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Did you at some point update the theme from an older version?

The services template I think is something that was in an old version and is no longer in the current. I’m thinking you may have updated at some point by dragging in the new files over top the old, leaving that one in there.

Anyway, if it exists, it should be named template_services.php in your theme directory.

And for the sidebar left and right templates, those are template_left.php and template_right.php.

You can get to all of these files through Appearance > Editor in your WP admin, or through FTP at:

/wp-content/themes/complexity-2/ …

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Another question, I would like to add a message in the footer area, the Copyright area. I checked the themeblvd_copyright.php file, but I don’t see where the “message” is coming from, so I can add some text there.

This is should be available to edit from your Theme Options at Complexity > Theme Options > General Options > Copyright Text

karinafa
    Participant

OOH!! OK..
    Yes, I purchased the theme 3 years ago, complexity1, but I never finished the website. I downloaded the last version from Themeforest (complexity2) few days ago. I used the option from WordPress to install a Theme, but I don’t know what WordPress did because I lost everything I had, now it seems it mixed the 2010 version with 2013, according to what I understand 🙁 .. That’s why I asked you if the new upgrade will delete all my pages because this time, I will cry 🙁
    You answered all my questions Jason, I appreciate all your kind support, I love your work..
    Hopefully I don’t bother you again.
    Thank you so much..
    Karina

jphelan2
    Participant

I have a “service” template in my theme. It is in the drop down with the other templates, like side bar left, right etc. It doesn’t function properly with some of the plugins I have installed. I am not using it now. I just created my own columns and made the services appear the same. I have never owned the original complexity site, I only recently purchased complexity 2; should the services template even be there?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have a “service” template in my theme. It is in the drop down with the other templates, like side bar left, right etc. It doesn’t function properly with some of the plugins I have installed. I am not using it now. I just created my own columns and made the services appear the same. I have never owned the original complexity site, I only recently purchased complexity 2; should the services template even be there?

Thanks for pointing this out. I’m looking back at what happened and it looks like with the last version (v2.2.4), we had transferred the theme over to the newer version control system we have our more current themes on. It looks like in that process some of the files in the root directory of the theme got carried over from previous versions accidentally.

I’ll post an update to ThemeForest today to the theme so people aren’t confused in the future. These files in the root directory of the theme shouldn’t be there at all:

1. template_homepage2.php
    2. template_services.php
    3. theme_options.php
    4. timthumb.php
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Commodore WordPress Theme (formerly Complexity)’ is closed to new topics and replies.