This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Where and how can I edit a sidebar

• Creator
    Topic
    chazmacs

I’m new to the theme, inherited a site built by a guy who vanished. Phone # is in the sidebar, but I cannot find any way to edit it, and don’t know where to find the code to do it manually. Pardon my ignorance, but I really need help!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

In WordPres sidebars contain what are called “widgets” and these are controlled from Appearance > Widgets. This will be the case for any WordPress theme you use.

If something were manually coded into the sidebar outside of the WordPress admin, this would have been a customization someone made outside of the scope of the default theme. I’m not sure why someone would have done this; this seems less likely.

chazmacs

I see the widgets, but cannot edit. They are in the right side of the page. I’ll have to look at customization… if not customized, I’ll check back.

beckysharp
    Participant

Have you checked the Theme Blvd Simple Copntact widget – that’s where it’s likely to be.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.