This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback

• Creator
    Topic
    giuliogrillo

Hi dear Jason Bobich,
    i’m a new buyer and i’m setting up your fantastic theme for this website http://www.nograndinavi.it (venetians comitee against big cruise ship 😉 , im not a WP expert but neither a dummy. I did all my best to escape the forum but now i have a problem!
    I’ve been searching for a compatible “download manager” plugin, i need to upload files directly from any post.

Most of the best plugin (Wp-Filebase, Download-Monitor, etc.) have one problem.
    When i try to upload any file i get this error at the top of the “media uploader” page:
    “Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘optionsframework_mlu_init’ not found or invalid function name in /home/……/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406”

here is the line 406: call_user_func_array($the_[‘function’], array_slice($args, 0, (int) $the_[‘accepted_args’]));

Some plugins add at this error the classic “Cheatin Uh?”

I found some similar threads on the web and everywhere it says that it is missing some code in medialibrary-uploader.php [ add_action( ‘init’, ‘optionsframework_mlu_init’); ] and ‘post_type’ has to be => ‘options’ and not
    ‘optionsframework’

Well, the theme change the folder for this file and it’s renamed as “options-medialibrary-uploader.php”.
    So i’ve been trying to modify it but i know i miss more information about where exactly it needs to add the code.

Do you have any suggestion?

P.S. now i’m using “download manager” plugin and it seems there are not apparent errors. But i wish to understand the problem and come back to the other plugin as they seem to be more friendly

P.S.2 No, i don’t use yet the Theme Child, i never used before and now i need to run and publish within this week. There are not so many changes in the code (but there are) so here is a SUBquestion i wish to ask you: can i setup the child theme just taking a “screenshot” when i want or do i have to set it up at the beginning?

Thanks in advance,
    Giulio

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Most of the best plugin (Wp-Filebase, Download-Monitor, etc.) have one problem.
    When i try to upload any file i get this error at the top of the “media uploader” page:
    “Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘optionsframework_mlu_init’ not found or invalid function name in /home/……/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406″

I installed Wp-Filebase and Download-Monitor, and I can upload files just fine through their interfaces.

Can you give me a more specific example of how I might reproduce this issue you’re describing here? Maybe show me a screenshot, as well?

There are not so many changes in the code (but there are) so here is a SUBquestion i wish to ask you: can i setup the child theme just taking a “screenshot” when i want or do i have to set it up at the beginning?

I’m not sure I’m totally understand what your’e asking about taking a screenshot. If you’re unfamiliar with how to setup a Child theme, there is a sample one included within your theme package you downloaded from ThemeForest that is all ready to go.

All customizations should be made from a Child theme no matter what. You’re going to get yourself into trouble if you’re messing around with theme files and not making customizations from a Child theme. If you feel you have the knowledge to be editing theme files, then realistically using a Child theme should be a piece of cake.

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/introduction-to-customizations/

giuliogrillo

Hi Jason, thank you for your reply.
    1) Well, i came back to WP_Filebase and specifically this plugin doesn’t show the “cheatin’ uh?” warning.
    It shows only the Warning on callback and i get the error only using the uploading page inside the post editor,
    Here is a screenshot of what i mean:
    http://oi45.tinypic.com/96gxgw.jpg

My WP ver. is the 3.5. Although it shows this warning the plugin seems to work well, files are attached and all the options (i’ve checked) seems to work too.
    But this warning let me think i could have some problems in the future and i want to escape this possibility.
    If you want to keep a look inside my admin page just ask me privately

2) Theme Child. What i meant is: i’m not used yet to child themes so i didn’t set it up at the beginning.
    My short question was if i will be able to setup the Child in the future, or it need to be done at the beginning.
    Anyway i saved all the original files before changing the code and i wrote up a schedule of all my interventions.
    In hopes it could help in the future when upgrading WP or using child themes.

Thank you again,
    G

giuliogrillo

Well, i found one problem maybe related to this warning:

when i try to upload a file from my PC (post editing page as in screenshot) it does’t add any code in the content. But the preview and the published page is correctly displaying the download option.

Is it connected to the warning?

Best,
    G

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by giuliogrillo.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jason Bobich.
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I honestly do no know about the plugin and the warning you’re getting. For me personally, when I try to upload a file with the plugin (from post editing page as in your screenshot) I can do it and don’t see the warning you do, and I have PHP warnings all turned on my local server.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2a6j8zc.png

But honestly, the warning you’re getting doesn’t quite make sense that it could be happening unless you’ve possibly been messing with related files of the theme? I say that because the warning is a very basic and straight forward warning. It’s saying that there is a function being hooked but that function does not exist. So, if the theme can have its call to add_action() present to hook the function, it doesn’t make sense that the function “optionsframework_mlu_init” also included in the theme doesn’t exist… but who knows.

However, I do get the “Cheatin’ uh?” when I click the “Add File” button at the botom of the WP-FileSystem window after uploading a file.

http://i47.tinypic.com/so3h9g.png

So, then I switched to the default Twenty Twelve theme, and got the exact same result. So, I’d say this is an issue with the plugin.

And you can switch a Child theme any time you want. You just have to re-configure your theme options. — http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/saving-theme-options-and-switching-themes/

giuliogrillo

ok, plugin Filebase is disabled, i’ll try to figure it out maybe looking back any code i’ve modified.
    Thank you again for the support., really. G.

P.s. It would be great a specific section in the forum where buyers can share information on working plugins

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by giuliogrillo.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Jason Bobich.
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

P.s. It would be great a specific section in the forum where buyers can share information on working plugins

Feel free to post anything related to Alyeska you want to the community here in the Alyeska forum, and it’ll come up when people search.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.