This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Video's in lightbox player mess up when viewed with Chrome

• Creator
    Topic

Hey I just launched my site and a visitor mentioned then when view my site with chrome the videos in my video portfolio page don’t work right. They load and then freeze and then go to the next video, freezing each time. Once all the videos are skipped through, the player works correctly, but not really the desired effect.

Any suggestions?

Video of problem
    [URL=http://tinypic.com/r/2d6w682/6]View My Video[/URL]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Actually what the user is doing, clicking the play button causes this problem in every browser not just chrome.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I think there may be some confusion on how the prettyPhoto (the 3rd-party jQuery plugin that is the lightbox) interface works. The “play” button on the bottom of the lightbox popup that you’re clicking in the video doesn’t have anything to do with the embedded video from Vimeo, or wherever. The “play” button you’re clicking is to trigger the slideshow effect of the lightbox itself, meaning it will automatically rotate through the other lightbox items you have on that page. This makes a little more sense, I suppose, when you’re dealing with images opposed to videos.

The video is simply embedded as it would be in any webpage. To play the video, you’d click the play button in the video once it’s loaded. The interface of the actual video and how it is controlled is determined by the embedded video from whatever source. So, for example, if you’re embedding a video from Vimeo, you need to control the video from within the embedded player from Vimeo.

That’s what I kind of determined. Is there away to remove the play button in the pretty photo player to not confuse viewers. When testing my site, I never hit the players button as the imbedded video plays on it’s own. But obviously not all people look at my site the way I do.

For what its worth, I deleted the play button from the CSS. Is there a better option?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I would say hiding it with CSS as you did would be the best option. The only other way would involve digging into the theme’s javascript to the prettyPhoto call.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.