This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Video and Image

• Creator
    Topic
    edwar64896

Jason,

I’m using a slider on my homepage. I have one vimeo video and one image in the slider.
    I would like the image to slide into place after the video has finished playing.

How do I go about configuring the template to do this?

thx,

mark

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Mark,

Unfortunately, this just is not possible. The video playing in the embedded player or iframe from whatever 3rd-party source (i.e. YouTube, Vimeo, etc) isn’t actually connected to your site in any way. So, in other words, no there way here for you to do something upon the video finishing because you have no way to know if it’s playing or not, or what’s happening within the external embed.

edwar64896

OK thanks Jason – what about an alternate scenario…

Slide 1 is the image. This displays for 10 seconds
    Slide 2 is the video.

At this point, user can choose to play the video or not. The slider _does_not_ loop back to slide 1 but stops on slide 2.

Is this possible?

thx,

mark.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

All the available settings for the slider are what you see there in the sidebar when editing a slider. Anything else would be a customization you’d need to make to the theme.

The standard slider uses a plugin called FlexSlider. Here is the API documentation and everything you can do with it:

http://www.woothemes.com/flexslider/#tabs-flexslider-info-tabber-tab-2

(Checkout the animationLoop property)

And the theme outputs the call to .flexslider() method with all of its parameters within a function called “themeblvd_standard_slider_js” located in /framework/frontend/functions/sliders.php — Here’s how you can edit theme functions from your Child theme:

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/editing-framework-functions/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.