This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Various issues with IE8

• Creator
    Topic
    markhedley
    Participant

Hi,

As much as I hate to ask I have a website that within the business they use IE8 !!! None of these issues appear on later versions of IE or other browsers.

The website is http://www.themaynard.co.uk and there are 3 issues:

1) When the page is first loaded it scrolls a third way down the page!!!!
    2) The drop down menus are hidden
    3) The right sidebar is below the main content.

I have tried in vain to fix the errors with no success so would welcome any assistance.

Thanks in advance
    Mark

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I actually don’t see any of these issues in IE8, except for the first one. Is it possible this is from that plugin you have installed that adds the little notice at the top and shifts the page down? There’s no way this is from the theme. If it were, I would have definitely heard of the issue before. So it has to be from some plugin.

As for the other two, are you sure you didn’t accidentally hit compatibility mode on your IE8 browser?

Here’s a screenshot of what I’m seeing in Windows 7, IE8:

And Windows XP, IE8:

And here’s what I get when I turn on compatibility mode, which means I’m now viewing the site in a simulated IE7:

markhedley
    Participant

Jason,

Thanks very much for help although I feel like an idiot as I thought I had tried turning off compatibility mode!!! As for the first error it I eventually worked it out to be the Virtual Tour (Google Maps) grabbing the focus. I am investigating for a parameter that will stop that happening.

Have a great weekend
    Mark

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.