This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

using named anchors in builder elements

• Creator
    Topic
    iamjanco
    Participant

Let’s say I’ve got two elements in builder, both of which are set to use raw code. I add named anchors to the bottom element (a through z), then add links to these anchors as an index, in the top most element. For instance:

<a href="#w1">W</a> in the index in the first element should link to <a name="w1">W</a> in the second element.

. Unfortunately, and I think it’s because I’m using WordPress postname permalinks which results in a trailing slash on posts, the links aren’t working.

See the dev site for an example of what I mean.

Any idea how I can work around this (my mind’s a bit fuzzy after working some long hours this past week, so please excuse me if I missed something very obvious).

Cheers,

Jan C.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Jan,

In your “Columns” element that contains all of the information, I don’t see the proper ID’s you’re linking to in your HTML markup. A few are correct, but most are not.

So, for example, if your first element has a link like this that links to an element with ID “w1” —

<a href="#w1">W</a>

… then your “Columns” element with all of the information would need to have an element with the corresponding ID you’re linking to.

<h2 id="w1">W</h2>

But going through your markup, you seem to have inconstant uses of different ID’s that (for the most part) don’t correspond the links you have in the first element.

For example, take “W” — You link to an ID “w1” but then your “W” information has an ID “t3” on it, which doesn’t correspond to any link.

iamjanco
    Participant

Thanks Jason!!!

I was going blind trying to figure the issue out, and everything works fine now.

You definitely get my five star seal of approval.

Cheers,

Jan

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.