This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Use of TimeThumb Script?

• Creator
    Topic
    loudcow
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve installed the Sucuri plugin on a site using Akita. One of the “one-click hardening’ functions says:

“This option blocks direct PHP access to any file inside wp-content. Warn: Do not use it if your site uses timthumb or similar (insecure) scripts. If something breaks, just remove the .htaccess from wp-content.”

So here just to double check before I hit the green go button.

Cheers:)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Nope, none of our themes have TimThumb in them. Our themes only use WordPress built-in cropping and image size management.

loudcow
    Participant

Awesome thanks!

You must not sleep. What a speedy reply.

loudcow
    Participant

Dang – Jason – This has occurred before for me. I just used Sucuri’s wp-content hardening option as advised above and now the visual editor has disappeared. Refer to screen shot. Other than clearing from HTaccess any suggestions here.

loudcow
    Participant

Opps – LInk to screen shot – http://tinypic.com/r/2ajyz4y/6

loudcow
    Participant

Hi – I just deleted the .htaccess file that Sucuri’s plugin generated/added to the wp_content folder and all back to normal.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.