This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Use of Theme on Sub-domains

• Creator
    Topic
    bluelf
    Participant

Hi Jason
    Can your theme be installed on a sub-domain of an existing site where the theme is being used (same domain, same client) or do they need to buy an additional license? Lets say they have HappyCompany.net (main site), HappyCompany.net/happy thoughts (blog on subdomain they want only blog there no “pages” like the main site) and HappyCompnay.net/HappyEvents (for recurring events)…

Can they use the theme in each of the sub sites or must they obtain 1 license per HappyCompany.net/subsite? I’m trying to make sure they are doing right by You and all so I thought I would check Sorry to bug you but the theme forest license explanation need a Jr Layer to wade through.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    bluelf
    Participant

Site is nysgis.net if you want to have a look…

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Basically, one website = one standard license. So, however you would define a separate website in terms of what you’re setting up, would warrant a separate standard license. With an extended license, there are no limits in this regard.

This is a good page on ThemeForest that outlines all of this: http://themeforest.net/licenses/

In my opinion, if a client has a website + blog that both make up one website, but with two separate WordPress installations (for whatever reason), I would consider that all one website, and thus I’d say you’d only need one standard license.

bluelf
    Participant

How much is an extended license of the Alyeska theme, I was trying to find cost on Themeforest it said something like 50 times the standard cost so would that be $45 x 50? Which seems odd for in these folks case 3 installs on the same domain…

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yes the price is something like that, but I completely forgot that I do not sell extended licenses for other reasons and I have this disabled for my themes.

I’m not sure what I said that would be suggesting that you should be purchasing an extended license, but either way, sorry for the confusion; I do not sell extended licenses. As I said, you’d purchase a standard license for each website you use the theme on. Use your judgement. If you’d classify this as one website/project/usage, then you only need one standard license. If you’d classify this as several different websites, than it would require multiple standard licenses.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.