This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Updating from very old Alyeska 2.0.0 theme

• Creator
    Topic

Don’t laugh or shake your head in disgust, but I don’t think I’ve updated my theme since I bought it in 2012. Web design boggles my mind and I’m scared to touch it for fear of screwing everything up. I’m taking the plunge and updating the theme, but before I do, would someone please tell me: updating from version 2.0.0 to the current version, will I lose all the content (text, video, photos) that is currently on my website, or will the new theme import everything correctly?

And if I will lose some content in the update, what’s the best way to back things up and retrieve it for a copy and paste?

Thank you!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you had been using v1, then you would have re-setup a lot of stuff. But luckily you’ve got v2.0+, and so updating should be manageable.

For just the basics of updating a WordPress theme, see “Manual Updates” here:

http://support.themeblvd.com/theme-update-instructions/#themeforest

And then this is the article you want to make note of for things that are going to be different:

http://support.themeblvd.com/updating-to-framework-v2-3/

Basically the big thing thing to note in that article is that a lot of the functionality that was included directly in the theme previously now requires that you install plugins to get that functionality back. But once you make the update, you’ll be prompted in your WordPress admin to install all the required plugins to get everything back. It’s pretty straight-forward, just make sure you read the article I linked to above. And you shouldn’t lose any content.

Thank you, Jason, I really appreciate the info!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.