This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: ,

Updated from 2.1.5 to 3.1.5 and… oh dear…

• Creator
    Topic
    kelleychambers
    Participant

Hey Jason,

My client finally decided he was ready to update his site which is uses Themeforest Alyeska framework with a heavily customized child theme. So, today, the production site looks like this:
    http://inexsystemsdesigns.com/site/

Now, after the update on the dev site, I’m afraid the new code is giving my child theme the proverbial finger which is located here: 🙁
    http://dev.inexsystemsdesigns.com/site/

So, I downloaded the update from Themeforest, uploaded the update to the Alyeska directory and then copied over the functions.php file into the child theme.

Have i forgotten something? “Help me Obiwon, help me!” (Just a bit of Star Wars humour, there… ) 🙂

PS – If you need admin or FTP credentials, email me privately at kelley AT rwpstudios DOT com. Thanks so much, Jason! 🙂

• This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by kelleychambers. Reason: Added contact information
Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Your problem is identical to when you first posted. I can see by viewing the source of your site. It’s pretty straight forward; you’re missing wp_head() in header.php… which suggests to me that you have header.php in your child theme, which suggests you’re using your original child theme before you did any updates. Honestly, I have no idea what you’re doing with the files of your server, but I’d FTP in there and look closer.

kelleychambers
    Participant

That worked. I just removed the header.php files and it worked… wacky stuff, lemme tell ya. And thank you, yet again!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

When you were uploading the new files, however you uploaded or unzipped, you probably “merged” the new folder with the old folder, opposed to “replacing” or overriding the folder, as a whole. Be careful with those files! 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.