This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Update Theme

• Creator
    Topic

i have just been notified by Themeforest there is a new version of the theme and I have downloaded it but how am I supposed to upgrade my current site and why doesn’t WordPress automatically notify me and allow me to upgrade it through WordPress?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster
    darkblue
    Participant

I have Version 2.1.5 and the “update” option is not showing, a manual update overwrites all my settings (layout)… any other suggestions please?

darkblue
    Participant

ok… found a way around 🙂

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Just for future reference, manually updating a theme through FTP (or however you manage files on your server) does not overwrite any settings. All settings are stored in your WordPress database, not files of the theme. When you update through your WP dashboard, technically that’s all happenning anyway — WordPress is deleteing the current theme files and then overriding with the new version, same as if you manually did it with your FTP program.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.