This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Unwanted placement of sidebar

• Creator
    Topic
    apersei
    Participant

Hello Jason,

I have a website (parosexplorer.com) which is mostly structured with a default layout with a right sidebar. Almost everything works fine, except one page: In the english version of the page (http://parosexplorer.com/kite-windsurfing-locations/) the sidebar is in its proper place, that is the right side of the content, but in the greek version (http://parosexplorer.com/el/kite-windsurfing-locations-el/) it is automatically placed under the content, though in wordpress both pages share the same layout.
    I use the WPML plugin to handle the different language versions, but the problem seems unrelated to it since the other pages that have the same layout are ok. The problem appears in all browsers i checked (IE, Firefox, Chrome), seems unrelated to plugins in sidebar, and persists even i give the greek page a “Sidebar Right” layout specifically in Page Attributes. I checked the code of the two pages, but didn’t manage to find the cause. I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,
    Alexis

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Alexis,

Somewhere in the content of your greek version, I think you’ve got an extra closing DIV tag within the content of the page. I can tell because the markup of the page within the content is throwing off the rest of the site. You can see this when inspect the markup of the site with a developer inspector, that the HTML markup layout for the page isn’t correct.

I would clear out your the content of that page, and start putting it back piece-by-piece to try and isolate where specifically you’ve accidentally put an extra closing DIV tag — i.e. </div>

apersei
    Participant

Jason, you nailed it. Thank you very much for your help!

Alexis

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.