This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: , , ,

Unbolding menu text?

• Creator
    Topic
    socialkenya

I’ve looked and looked and inspected elements ’til I’m cross-eyed, but I can’t find what coding is making the menu text bold. I’m using the Classic menu style with Lucida Sans as the default font everywhere on the site. The client hates the bold look of the menu font and wants it Lucida Sans Regular. Is there a short line of custom CSS I can insert to force the menu text to display as regular Lucida Sans? This one’s got me completely puzzled. (http://multiani.com/equatoriateak)

Thanks!

JC

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Just target the anchor tags in the menu. Right click > Inspect on the buttons.

Click to enlarge

socialkenya

Oof. I was using Safari’s Inspect Element, which didn’t give me any of that specific CSS. Back to Chrome.

That worked nicely.

Thanks,
    JC

socialkenya

Well, I’m back again. The client doesn’t want any kind of text decoration–no shadow, no nothing. Here’s what I’ve put into the Custom CSS:

#access li a {
    font-weight: normal;
    text-shadow: 0px 0px 0px;
    }

This hasn’t gotten rid of the shadow, and the client still thinks the font looks bold. I can see a subtle difference between bold and normal, but she doesn’t see it and wants the text to be thin.

??

Thanks,
    JC

socialkenya

Well, I’m back again. The client doesn’t want any kind of text decoration–no shadow, no nothing. Here’s what I’ve put into the Custom CSS:

#access li a {
    font-weight: normal;
    text-shadow: 0px 0px 0px;
    }

This hasn’t gotten rid of the shadow, and the client still thinks the font looks bold. I can see a subtle difference between bold and normal, but she doesn’t see it and wants the text to be thin.

??

Thanks,
    JC

socialkenya

Give me the village idiot award this week: it was a stray bracket above this custom css that was stopping the font from behaving properly. All’s well.

Cheers,
    JC

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.