This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Unble to Edit Slider

• Creator
    Topic
    ackweb
    Participant

Not sure what happened honestly, had a slider working fine and for some reason it wont load. So I went to the back end to edit the slider and discover now I am unable to edit the slider I click on Edit or Manage or Add and nothing.

Thanks in advance – Frank
    See the site: http://SacSurfacepro.com

latest version of the theme and wp version 3.52
    and yes I am an Administrator with the correct rights.

*Update* I am unable to edit any part of the theme please assist. I click on edit or manage in the builder same thing nothing happens.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by ackweb. Reason: more discovery help!
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

This isn’t anything I’ve had anyone report I don’t think; so unfortunately I don’t have any kind of common guess or assumption for you.

When you go to the Builder or the Sliders page, do you see the footer of your WordPress admin? — I ask this because if you don’t, it means that there is some sort of PHP fatal error happening, which is stopping the page form loading all the way.

So, if this is the case, we need to know what the error is. In your WordPress’s wp-config.php, you can turn WP_DEBUG on and then visit your Sliders and Builder pages again, and make note of the errors.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Debug

ackweb
    Participant

I do see the footer of the wordpress admin. Looks normal. We have ran the debug – no errors. now looking in to the db still no sign of the problem

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what else it would be other than a javascript conflict or something with a plugin you’re using. If you want me to check it out, I can when I get a chance.

Just send the info by going to My Account > Submit private info here on the support forum. Let me know if you sent the info so I can check for it.

ackweb
    Participant

Information Sent. Thank you.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

This doesn’t appear to have anything to do with the theme, but just a side effect of something going on with your WP install. At some point it appears you’ve essentially broken your WordPress admin. Checkout all these files you’re missing just from WordPress core:

Javascript and CSS files are all not coming in and also even WordPress core admin icon, etc. Specifically, these missing WordPress core javascript files break all of what’s going on with the theme’s admin interface pages.

You need to talk to your hosting or whoever is in charge of managing your WordPress installation, and figure out what they’ve done in maybe trying to update WordPress or possibly messing with server permissions on WordPress directories?

ackweb
    Participant

Ok I have someone that set this up looking at it today (hopefully) Updating wordpress I am assuming would fix this or I am hoping it is that easy. I havent updated it on my own I didnt want to bring down the site. Thank you I will update the thread when i figure out the next step.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.