This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Ubermenu not working anymore

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

This isn’t anything I wrote, and I’ve honestly never used the UberMenu plugin personally. You’re not the first person to ask about UberMenu, so I have contacted the author to hopefully maybe get a chance to contribute there:

https://twitter.com/jasonbobich/status/380401918847090688

But I’m looking at what he has there, and in terms of what I know about my theme, it should be correct to get the pieces in the right place. His code should be adjusting the hooks properly.

Can you paste here in the forum in <pre> what exactly you’re incorporating in your site? And tell me where you’re putting it? Are you putting this in a child theme’s functions.php after the framework is included?

sailinginblue
    Participant

Jason,
    Thank you for the quick reply. Made some improvements.Not showing twice now…
    http://www.greekyachtsales.com/useful-info/buying-process/
    help here
    http://support.sevenspark.com/diagnosis/wp_nav_menu-is-called-twice-with-the-same-theme_location-parameter/?term_ref=19
    see Identifying the issue
    Akita settings( changed)
    Tablets and Mobile Devices
    Yes, apply special styles to tablets and mobile devices.
    (X) No, allow website to show normally on tablets and mobile devices.
    Still not displaying correctly on site though.

PM for access if you wish.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

After posting yesterday, I realized what has changed in terms of the instructions you’re going through and the action hooks used in Akita 2 —

The header menu now is hooked to “themeblvd_header_after” and so with the code you had, you weren’t removing that. Here are what the instructions should say over on the UberMenu docs:

function replace_themeblvd_header_menu(){

// Remove Akita's current menu
        remove_action( 'themeblvd_header_after', 'akita_header_menu' );

// Insert UberMenu
        add_action( 'themeblvd_header_after' , 'uberMenu_easyIntegrate' );

}
    add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'replace_themeblvd_header_menu' );

And keep in mind at this point, I have no way to test this; I’m just going by what I know the hooks to be.

sailinginblue
    Participant

Hi
    I included the code in the child function.php but no menu displayed so I changed it back.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m in contact with the plugin author now. So I’ll try to play with the plugin and get some better instructions up there.

sailinginblue
    Participant

Any luck with this issue?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m working on a plugin that integrates some of our more popular themes with UberMenu. You’ll need to give it a little time. It’ll be posted here when it’s up:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-blvd-ubermenu/

I’m setting it up so you can either select an “Akita” skin for UberMenu which will blend the mega menu into Akita design, or select another option to implement UberMenu in a way where you can then have more use of the stylistic options that come with the plugin, but won’t match the theme’s design as well.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

And hopefully here are two different things that you try to hold you over until the plugin comes out.

1) If you take another look at what I provided here. Make sure you’ve turned on EasyIntegration from the UberMenu’s settings.

2) Or, keep EasyIntegration off and try doing something like this:

function my_ubermenu_nav() {
        echo '<div class="clearfix">';
        wp_nav_menu( apply_filters( 'themeblvd_primary_menu_args', array( 'menu_id' => 'primary-menu', 'menu_class' => 'sf-menu','container' => '', 'theme_location' => 'primary', 'fallback_cb' => 'themeblvd_primary_menu_fallback' ) ) );
        echo '</div>';
    }
    remove_action( 'themeblvd_header_after', 'akita_header_menu' );
    add_action( 'themeblvd_header_after', 'my_ubermenu_nav' );

Either of these options will help put UberMenu in the right place where it’s supposed to be, and remove any kind of styling the theme is adding to items in the main menu. From there you’re just kind of going with how UberMenu’s skins naturally fit into the theme. In my opinion this doesn’t look all that great as you’re sort of frankenstein’ing different designs together. And that’s why I’d like to create an actual Akita skin you can apply that will keep all of the theme’s look, feel, and options for the main navigation, but still allow you to get that nice looking mega menu in there.

The idea is to get something more like this working:

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.