This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Two Different Portfolios

• Creator
    Topic
    davidgutnik

I need two portfolios,
    1) I love having my video page open in the light box with videos.

2) on another page called products, I want it not to open in light box, but to open to a linked page.

In the settings it seems I can do one or the other, but not both.

Any sudgestions?

ps. I love this theme, VERY WELL DONE! GREAT INTERFACE!!!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I may be misunderstanding the question, but when you’re dealing with portfolio items, each item is handled uniquely in what it links to. How you group them or display them as a whole isn’t going to effect anything in this regard. So, in other words, all of your portfolio items on the videos portfolio you’d setup to link to the videos, and all the portfolio items in your products, you’d link to your product images. Have you checked out the video tutorial in your documentation on how to setup portfolios?

This is the same as on the demo, I have things separated like this:

http://www.themeblvd.com/demo/complexity/portfolio/video/

http://www.themeblvd.com/demo/complexity/portfolio/photography/

http://www.themeblvd.com/demo/complexity/portfolio/audio/

Does that make sense? Or am I misunderstanding what you’re asking?

davidgutnik

sorry my fault.
    ok
    1) I got one portfolio page working with about 15 portfolio items as videos. these items open in lightbox and play fine. so i’m happy.

2) I made a separate portfolio page which contains 4 portfolio items. but these items don’t link to a video. they will link to another page. (the same page as the “read more” button)
    the problem is if I have lightbox enabled, when the user clicks on the portfolio item the site tries to open the linked page within the lightbox.

if I disable lightbox the second portfolio works fine, but then the first portfolio won’t play videos.

so my question is, can I disable lightbox only for one portfolio?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Ok, no sorry I understand what you’re referring to now. Yeah, you’re not going to be able to do exactly what you’re describing. You may want to consider just leaving the lightbox theme option on. And then on your products page, just set all the product portfolio items to link to the enlarged product image in the lightbox popup. The user can still link through to the product page with the Read More button, but clicking the thumbnail will enlarge the image, not actually go to the product page.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Commodore WordPress Theme (formerly Complexity)’ is closed to new topics and replies.