This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Twitter Feed Isn't Loading

• Creator
    Topic
    steveforan
    Participant

Are you aware of any issues with the ThemeBlvd Twitter Widget not loading properly? The link to twitter works but the feed reads “loading tweets…”?
    thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, I am actually aware of this one. Unfortunately this theme is just becoming a bit outdated and is awaiting a huge update. I’m planning to completely re-do it with my newer framework.

Everything still works with the latest version of WP, but the Twitter is one thing that just doesn’t work anymore. It’s because of the the 3rd party jQuery plugin the theme is using to pull from Twitter. It was originally created back before all the updates to Twitter API happened. You’re just going to have to use some other widget plugin to pull from Twitter for now. I’m sure you can find tons of other free ones. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

A note on this: Getting all of the themes up-to-date and re-doing this theme has been taking longer than expected. So, I’ve gone ahead and done a quick update to Complexity to fix some minor things, most notably getting the Twitter widget working.

http://www.themeblvd.com/demo/complexity/update_log.txt

steveforan
    Participant

Thanks Jason. Do I need to do anything to update my theme or just add in the twitter widget?

steve

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You just need to download the theme again from ThemeForest and update the the theme files on your server. In that change log I linked to above it’ll show you which files were changed with the update. Then, you’ll just reconfigure the Twitter widget in your WP admin under Appearance > Widgets.

steveforan
    Participant

Jason

I’m not sure of the exact steps to do this. I downloaded the theme again – no problem. I see the change log but can’t see the files referenced in the unzipped folder. I tried to upload the zip file to my installed themes but got an error – style.css file missing (or something like that).

Is there a simple way to do this for a non-techie? Thanks

steve

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I think this video will help you: http://vimeo.com/41533135

This is video is made for my newer themes, however everything is pretty much the same except for your theme doesn’t have a changelog linked to from your Theme Options page like it’s going to show in that video. Realistically this is all just basic stuff for managing a WP theme on your server.

steveforan
    Participant

Video was very helpful, theme is updated and twitter feed is working. Thank you for prompt reply Jason.

steve

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Commodore WordPress Theme (formerly Complexity)’ is closed to new topics and replies.