This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Twitter API Requires Mobile Number, Tweeple plugin

• Creator
    Topic
    gsot
    Participant

When trying to set this up, Twitter said I had to have a mobile number on the account. Since this is a business, we have a toll-free number rather than a mobile that accepts texts. My personal number is already in use for my own Twitter account. Is there any workaround for this?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I apologize, but I’m not sure on that one. You just need to get yourself connected to that Twitter API. Maybe you can try posting in the twitter dev forums? I don’t remember ever having to give a phone number, but I haven’t gone through the signup process in awhile.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Can’t you just connect through your personal Twitter account? The API credentials don’t need to be tied to the account you’re showing tweets from on your site. The API credentials could be from any Twitter account setup through the Twitter developer site.

gsot
    Participant

I’ll try to connect through my personal account. Would that limit my ability to use the plugin for another site?

gsot
    Participant

Got it working on the school site. Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

As far I know, you can use those credentials on as many sites as you want. I believe the real idea behind this, from Twitter’s perspective, is just that they need a way to limit you in terms of requests and not doing anything shady.

https://dev.twitter.com/rest/public/rate-limiting

In reality, if you’re using Tweeple’s caching the way I’ve set it up by default, no matter how many sites you used this on, you’d never hit the limit.

But glad you got it working!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Swagger Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.