This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Trying to get the tagline to wrap

• Creator
    Topic
    cepd_dev
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to use CSS to get the tagline to wrap to a second line. The tagline is currently overrunning my contact information. This is the CCS I was using:

.header_logo .tagline {
    left: 10px;
    position: relative;
    width: 10%;
    }

Changing the left parameter does alter the indentation. I thought the width parameter should force the wrapping to occur. 10% is a low value, but i was just trying to get the parameter to take action.

Do you have any ideas on what might be an issue?

My webpage is cepd.com

Thanks,
    Glenn

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi Glenn,

The reason your CSS changes are not being applied is because your version of the theme is not compatible with WordPress 4.2+. So these style changes you’re putting in are not being outputted correctly. You’re probably also noticing that other stylistic options you’re configuring are not being applied how you want. Updating to the latest version of the theme will resolve this.

http://themeblvd.com/changelog/?theme=alyeska

http://support.themeblvd.com/theme-update-instructions/#themeforest

Furthermore to your issue, make sure to also add display: block; to your CSS, so you will be able to apply such changes to a <span> tag, which is inline by default.

Alternatively you could try saving <br> tags in your logo tagline where you want the line breaks to happen.

cepd_dev
    Participant

Jason,

I updated the theme. I also used “display: block;” and that worked well. I tried adding <br> inside the tagline and it just came through as text.

Thanks for the help.

Glenn

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.