This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Thumbnails and meta not hiding in mini post list

• Creator
    Topic
    askwpgirl
    Participant

Hi Jason,

In the previous version of the shortcodes plugin, one could choose None or Hide for the thumbnail display. I use this shortcode on a lot of sites. After updating the shortcodes plugin, the mini post lists all display with a broken image link:

http://postimg.org/image/xbu8c88in/

Here’s a sample of the shortcode being used:

[ mini_post_list categories="display-snippets" meta="hide" thumb="hide" orderby="title" order="ASC" numberposts="-1" ]

Neither the meta data nor the thumbnails are hiding. So, I re-added all of the shortcodes using the new shortcode generator. Now, since you can’t select None or Hide for the thumbnails, the placeholder thumbnail displays which is okay unless you really don’t want to display any thumbnails. However, the meta data is still not hiding:

[ mini_post_list thumb="smallest" meta="hide" category_name="display-snippets" numberposts="-1" orderby="title" order="ASC" ]

I am using the following CSS to hide the images and meta data using the old shortcode (as the old shortcode is still outputting the hide-thumb class):

.hide-thumbs .featured-image-wrapper,
    .hide-thumbs .mini-meta { display: none; }

For the new shortcode, I am using the following CSS to maintain the formatting the same as the old shortcode:

.themeblvd-mini-post-list ul li .featured-image-wrapper {
        display: none;
        margin: 0;
    }

.themeblvd-mini-post-list .mini-meta { display: none; }

.themeblvd-mini-post-list ul.smallest-thumbs .mini-post-list-content h4 {
        font-size: 15px;
    }

.themeblvd-mini-post-list ul.smallest-thumbs .mini-post-list-content {
        margin-left: 0;
        min-height: 1px;
    }

So, I guess the questions to are:

1 – Would you be willing to bring back the “hide” or “none” for thumbnails on the mini post lists? This shortcode is so handy to use for posts lists, but much of the time, I don’t want to show a thumbnail.

2 – Is the not hiding of the meta data a bug? The option is there, but it doesn’t hide.

Thanks!

Angela

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Before the conversation gets confusing, update to the shortcodes plugin v1.5.4 that I just posted, and tell me if all your problems in the world … related to the mini post list, of course 😉 … go away.

askwpgirl
    Participant

Hah! Yes! xoxo 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.