This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Displaying theme license key in admin

• Creator
    Topic
    Ervan Erfian
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    I think would be better Theme License field use input type=”password” maybe. What do you think?
    <input type="password" value="" class="regular-text" name="themeblvd_license_key" id="themeblvd_license_key">

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Ervan,

Thanks for your suggestion. I definitely get where you’re coming from, but I’m not totally sure I agree. I could see it from different angles.

I feel like with most of the API keys or license keys I’ve seen from other products tend to display themselves. Your license key isn’t necessarily a one-and-done password. What I mean is that the license is something that you’re managing there in that option. Say you bought a new one after your current one expires or you transferred the site to someone else and they were to put in their’s, you’d want to see what license is there to manage it.

With that said, I could definitely see how you may want this hidden from your client if you’re giving them an Administrator account to manage their site, for example. In the next update to Jump Start (which will be v1.0.3), I’ll add the display of the admin page to be hidden in the same way as the others —

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/disabling-admin-modules/

function my_hide_updates_admin( $setup ) {
        $setup['admin']['updates'] = false;
        return $setup;
    }
    add_filter( 'themeblvd_global_config', 'my_hide_updates_admin' );
    Ervan Erfian
    Participant

Ohh Ok.. Jason
    Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.