This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Theme conflict with plugin

• Creator
    Topic
    chill986

I have been using the Slideshow Satellite plugin for over a year on my site, and when I updated to the newer version of Akita, the dashboard tools for SS no longer work. I’ve gone through the process of disabling all the plugins and re-enabling one at a time, then disabling Akita (activating Twenty-Thirteen). Activating Twenty-Thirteen allows me to use Slideshow Satellite’s utilities without problem.

So now, when my client sends me images to add to his slideshows, I have to put my site in maintenance mode (with Ultimate Maintenance plugin), activate Twenty-Thirteen, add my slides etc, then activate Akita, take the site out of maintenance mode.

I shouldn’t have to do that. Can you please help me? I will provide you with link/userid/pw login to WP install upon request.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I just went ahead and installed the free version to check it out. Someone else had a similar issue with another plugin, and I’ve figured it out why it’s happening. It’s a conflict when plugin authors are not including their scripts and stylesheets properly on their admin pages. I have a safe-guard for plugins doing this I’m going to add for the next theme update.

The next theme update won’t be until after WordPress 3.8 is released. I can add this little safe guard manually into your theme so you can use the slideshow plugin, if you want.

If you’d like me to do that, just send me an admin login to your WP site. You can send the info at My Account > Submit Private info here on the support website. Just let me know after you’ve done that.

chill986

Information has been sent! Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hey apologies, but I didn’t receive anything. Are you sure you sent the info through My Account > Submit private info here on our support site? Or is there a glitch in the matrix? I don’t think I’ve had anyone yet that has reported sending the info doesn’t work.

chill986

Yes, that’s where I sent it from. I’ll try again. Link is classicirondecor.com

chill986

Now it won’t let me use the link to this thread?

chill986

I used this link:

http://support.themeblvd.com/forums/topic/theme-conflict-with-plugin/#post-13372

The Submit Private Info will not accept it as a valid link – it did earlier today.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m not quite sure why it wouldn’t be going through. Haven’t had that issue with anyone before. But go ahead and send me the link and login info to my email, if you like. And then we can get this going.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I got your email. I’m on it. Give me a few.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

All right you should be good to go. Let me know if there’s a still a problem there.

And when the next update comes out, you shouldn’t have to worry about anything. When your current theme gets overridden in the next update, the new theme will have this safeguard in there.

chill986

Ok thanks Jason!

chill986

Hey Jason – same problem same site. I upgraded from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3, and the slideshow satellite plugin is broken again. Since I don’t know what you did to fix it, I need your help. (classicirondecor.com)

If you need, I’ll re-send the login information for this site.

Thanks!

Cindy

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Cindy,

I honestly don’t remember exactly what it was I did now, and so I don’t want to go in digging around and mess something up. I did put it into the update being worked on, though. I’m working on getting it out as soon as I can. So wait for Akita v2.1, and we’ll go from there if you still have the same problem.

chill986

Do you have an eta?

chill986

Oh, and thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

The ETA is as soon as I can finish the changelogs and update info. Hold tight. 😉

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.