This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

theme blvd news Scroller tumbnail sizing.

• Creator
    Topic
    khits
    Participant

Is there a way to adjust the thumbnail size in the news scroller widget. It doesn’t seem to accept the default image size. I’d like to display my thumbs smaller within it. Thanks.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

The news scroller uses the “grid_6” size from the framework, also known as “1/2 Column of Grid” —

This article will explain all this in detail, in general, and how to change the dimensions programmatically from your Child theme.

http://dev.themeblvd.com/tutorial/crop-sizes/

And here’s a plugin that will provide you with an interface to change this image’s size, as well.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-blvd-image-sizes/

khits
    Participant

Thanks Jason. I’ll check out the info. I do have another problem. For some reason the pretty photo lightbox plug does not display properly on a i-phone running their current OS. For that matter it doesn’t seem to display all that well on Android too. Is there a better more responsive light box plug I can use or is there a way to update the built in one you’ve provided. Thanks.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Changing lightboxes is going to be really tricky and a very intensive customization you’d need to make; I would avoid this if I were you.

Some improvements have been been made for the next theme update in regards to how the lightbox displays on mobile, but it should be looking all right in its current state.

I think mostly where the issues we fixed were with the iPhone 5’s wider viewport in landscape mode. I would imagine this is a similar issue to what you’re seeing on android in landscape mode, as well, if your specific phone has a bigger screen (larger than 480px wide).

Now, I’m not totally sure what specifically you’re referring to, but you can preview what the next update currently contains on our Jump Start demo to get an idea of what we’ve fixed.

http://www.themeblvd.com/demo/jumpstart/page-templates/post-grid-3-columns/

khits
    Participant

The problems I’m having are that the u.i elements are jumbled up on top of each other when you click on a lightboxed image. Pretty much making it impossible to zoom in on an image etc once it’s lightboxed, If that makes sense to ya. It only presents itself in landscape mode on Android. If I remeber correctly it is messed up both ways on iOS. Are you saying I can’t even try another lightbox type plugin as it would be even more problematic? What’s the eta on the update release? I’m using this in a clients website and wanted to go live next week. Thanks.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

If I remeber correctly it is messed up both ways on iOS.

This seems odd. What version of Alyeska are you on?

And note that this issue isn’t really specific to the OS, but the physical dimensions of the device’s viewport. For example, the issue has crept up with the iPhone 5 lanscape because it has a wider viewport than the iPhone 4 did.

With the Android phone you have, it’s not the Android OS, but more likely that the specific phone just has a larger viewport than 480px.

The problems I’m having are that the u.i elements are jumbled up on top of each other when you click on a lightboxed image. Pretty much making it impossible to zoom in on an image etc once it’s lightboxed, If that makes sense to ya.

So, do you see the same issues here?

http://www.themeblvd.com/demo/jumpstart/page-templates/post-grid-3-columns/

If not, you could actually apply the fix manually, if you wanted; that could be one thing you could try.

Open this file of the theme in a text editor: /framework/frontend/assets/js/prettyphoto.js

And search for the number 480 — You’ll find it in two places. — Replace both places with something larger like 600. This will kick in our customizations to prettyPhoto at larger viewport sizes something like this:

iPhone 5 in landscape

iPhone 5 in portrait

Are you saying I can’t even try another lightbox type plugin as it would be even more problematic?

Well, I think it would be quite difficult is all. You’re obviously free to try to make any customizations that you want for your client. The theme currently has a lot of functionality with featured images and overall Lightbox integration built with prettyPhoto as the base. So, to change this, would probably just be quite a bit of work, and the route you went down in doing that would correspond to the specific Lightbox plugin you picked and how it works.

khits
    Participant

OK .I checked the new stuff on my phone and it does display better with those changes. I will try the code mods and let ya know how things go. I appreciate the help.

khits
    Participant

So I did the code changes and I’m still getting this problem.

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/dx1rfp.jpg[/IMG]
    It’s only in landscape and varies with the size of the image. Any ideas? Almost seems like it’s grabbing really small thumbs?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

What is the actual phone you’re using? It may just have a viewport that is larger than the 600px mark you changed to previously.

Basically what is happening here is if the pixel width of your device is wider than the number set above, our custom responsive feature is not going to kick in.

khits
    Participant

Sorry Jason, forgot to mention in my previous post that I’m using Alyeska version 2.1.5 and framework version 2.1.0
    My phone is a LG My touch. The screen shot I sent ya was actually taken from my computer with a re-sized browser window. My phone displays properly now. I was obviously at a larger view port size in my monitor. I’m gonna assume that it displays fine on a i-phone, hope to be able to check soon. know any good websites to view content at different device specific sizes?
    Thanks for the help.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster
    khits
    Participant

Dang, that was quick. I actually found the viewport resizer after I posted last. Everything seems good at this point. I really appreciate ur great customer service. Thanks again.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.