This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Theme Blvd Featured Image Link Override

• Creator
    Topic
    mike-se
    Participant

This might not be the correct place to post a question about the Theme Blvd Featured Image Link Override Plugin, so I apologies if that is the case. It is a ThemeBlvd plugin though.

The plugin is perfect, but it doesn’t seem to affect the thumbnails on the Theme Blvd Mini Post List which makes it a bit useless since one still has to check the “It links to its post” checkbox on the post page for that to work.

Is there a way to fix this?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’ll make this possible in the next version of the theme. Just added it in. But unfortunately it’s outside of the hands of our beloved FILO plugin.

In your Child theme’s functions.php, if you want to place the latest version I have for the mini post list’s function before the framework gets included, it should all work right with how the theme is setup now. The changes made should allow the FILO plugin to just do its thing on the mini post list.

http://pastie.org/5573908

mike-se
    Participant

Great! Thanks Jason.

mharpen
    Participant

I just tried adding the code mentioned to my functions.php, and it does not work if:

The 1st FILO option is set to (“Featured images link to their posts.”).
    and The 2nd FILO option is set to (“No, do not apply the above override to single posts.”)

More specificaly, it doesn’t work in the Mini Post List widget. Only if i set the 2nd FILO option to “Yes”, does it have any effect.

What I would like is for only the thumbnails in the mini post list widget to be hot links, but not the featured image in the single post. Is this possible? Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

@mharpen The mini post list doesn’t have anything to do with the FILO plugin. None of the FILO’s settings will effect the mini post list or mini post grid because currently they don’t have any kind of filter on the thumbnails, as there’s no way to distinguish (for example) the featured image of a post in the mini post list vs the main featured image if we’re on a single post page. It would be weird if you had a mini post list in your sidebar, then when you click to go to the single post, the main featured image of the page wasn’t a link and randomly because that post happens to be in the mini post list, its featured image is not a link there among the list of posts. — This isn’t the case in the next framework update, and the FILO plugin will be updated.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.