This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: , ,

Theme Blvd Envato Updates Config

• Creator
    Topic
    sammyboy405

Just curious to weather is working or not. When I enter im API and Envato user name it waits a bit then quickly flashes options Saved.. but my API and Username fields are still blank.

is this normal operation?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

This isn’t normal. When you save the options page, your Envato username and and API key should be there in the fields there permanently. I’ve never had anyone report an issue like this with it, and so off the top of my head I’m not sure what it could be. If you want to send me a login to your site, I can check it out for you and see if anything comes to mind?

If you’d like that, you can send the info to me by going to My Account > Submit private info here on the support website. Just let me know if you send that over.

sammyboy405

Thanks, Message Sent.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I’m honestly pretty stumped on that one. So, the options are being saved to an ID “tb-envato” and for whatever reason that option ID just won’t save. I’m not sure if it’s a weird conflict with a plugin you’re using or what.

On your setup, switching the option ID to anything else solves the issue. However, the problem is that because you’re not using a child theme, I can’t make the change without it getting erased next time you make an update. If you want, I could setup a child theme for you and then add the fix to that child theme?

sammyboy405

Jason I honestly am not good enough with WordPress to know what said?

What is a Child Theme? And you can do whatever you need to do to fix the issue, as long as the site dont break? im php savvy But when it comes to CSS and some of these new WP features im lost and really need to catch up. I do this for a hobby helping people out with sites and such.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

You never want to make code customization to the main theme itself because then you’re going to lose any of those customizations when you update the theme. So, WordPress has come up with the concept of “child themes”– Basically, this is just your mini theme that holds any kind of code modifications you want to make to the main parent theme, Akita (in this case).

In order to fix the issue you were having for your setup, I had to make a code customization. So I setup a child theme for you to hold this code modification. You’ll notice this is now the active theme in your WordPress admin under Appearance > Themes.

I also noticed you have a plugin for editing CSS. Instead of using that, you can simply put your CSS customizations in your child theme’s style.css. Do this by going to Appearance > Editor, and any CSS overrides you want to make to the theme can go there, and it’s all already setup for you.

In the future when updates appear, note that you’ll be updating the main parent Akita theme, and never your child theme obviously.

Also, take a few minutes and just watch this video about child themes just so you’re familiar with what’s going on there:

http://vimeo.com/70832266

sammyboy405

Thanks Jason. Much Appreciated.

Im not sure what Plugin I have to edit CSS? humm.. Wonder if its the SEO plugin I have.. Anyways.. Thanks!

This has been Bar none the Best experience Ive had with a Theme Developer. You have it all lined out with a support forum and everything.

Again.. Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Thanks, glad to hear it. Good luck with the site!

piradyne
    Participant

Can you make those changes available to me also, because I am having the same problem. I have a child them setup.

Thanks

Jarrod

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Can you make those changes available to me also, because I am having the same problem. I have a child them setup.

Hi Jarrod,

Here’s all I did in his child theme’s functions.php:

/**
     * Customize the option name update options are
     * saved to. Not sure why the default "tb-envato"
     * doesn't work.
     */
    function my_envato_options_name( $name ) {
    	return 'tb-envato-2';
    }
    add_filter( 'themeblvd_envato_options_name', 'my_envato_options_name' );

======

And this issue is still a complete mystery to me and I can’t make any sense of it. If anyone can see a pattern here of why this is happening, please tell me. So far Sam and Jarrod are the only ones to report this issue on any theme, but there must be something to it if they’re both having the same issue.

piradyne
    Participant

Cool, thanks now it works as expected. Yea, at the moment I have no clue either.

Ronnie Albert
    Participant

I was having the same problem, the above fix worked – Thanks!

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

I just wanted to post on this topic and say I finally figured out why this was happening. I’ll have Akita 2.1.0 released very soon, and this along with some other issues with the Envato update system have been worked out.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.