This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Text only displayed partially on reducing window size

• Creator
    Topic
    sagilca
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve noticed that on the demo page a horizontal scroll bar appears when I keep making the window browser smaller, but not on my page. On my page, some text just doesn’t get displayed when the window reachs certain width (You can take a look at http://www.iac3.eu/development/ , notice the “SOPHOCLES” text). Any tips of what might be going on?

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I can definitely see your entire page when I scale your site all the way down.

What web browser are you getting these results in? An older version of Internet Explorer, possibly? Have you tried you using a modern version of IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc? Have you tried viewing your site on an actual mobile device like an iPhone?

sagilca
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the quick reply :). The problem occurs just before the transition to the mobile version, I can look into the exact range where it happens later. I am using last version of Firefox.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Aw, I see what you mean now. The text gets cut off slightly between viewport breaking points because the text is larger than the squished column. I really wouldn’t stress over something like that when you’re just messing around squishing your site on your desktop. — But for the next update to the theme the responsiveness of the theme has been totally re-written. Things like this shouldn’t be an issue any more.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.