This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Text Formatting

• Creator
    Topic
    rbassett

I am having issues with formatting text.

[raw]
    [two_third]

I am using “Raw Content” to set up some text – either directly in widgets or in Page Content regions using “[raw] [two_third]”, for instance. Questions:

1) Do you have a list of the limits HTML tags for Raw Content regions – waht is allowed, what is not?
    2) In some “Raw” regions, I was using tags with associated classes to format text, but whenever a Page gets “Updated” in WordPress, any previously placed tags get stripped out. This blows up any formatting. Any idea how to stop that?

Thanks,
    Randy

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Randy,

Checkout this article:

http://www.jasonbobich.com/theme-forest-updates/expanding-accepted-html-tags-in-the-theme-blvd-wordpress-theme-framework/

This will show you all the tags you can use and how to filter on your own HTML tags to be allowed.

Another approach is to use “Content from external page” on your layout’s elements. Then you’ll have the WordPress editor’s limitations you can deal with instead.

And then additionally, this is how you could disable sanitization on textareas all together from your Child theme’s functions.php

function my_sanitize_textarea( $input ){
    	// Do nothing to $input...
    	return $input;
    }
    add_filter( 'of_sanitize_textarea', 'my_sanitize_textarea' );
    remove_filter( 'of_sanitize_textarea', 'of_sanitize_textarea' );

Note that when Akita v1.2 comes out, this will no longer work. You would need to do this:

function my_sanitize_textarea( $input ){
    	// Do nothing to $input...
    	return $input;
    }
    add_filter( 'themeblvd_sanitize_textarea', 'my_sanitize_textarea' );
    remove_filter( 'themeblvd_sanitize_textarea', 'themeblvd_sanitize_textarea' );
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.