This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Builder, columns within columns – Jump Start 2.0-beta, Layout Builder 2.0

• Creator
    Topic
    askwpgirl
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I’m having fun with the Template Builder but have run into a problem I can’t seem to resolve.

For many layouts, I need to put columns within a column, for example, if there is main (primary area) and a sidebar, I’d like to put columns in the primary area and still have a right sidebar. With the new template builder, you can’t put columns in columns or columns in content (unless you use shortcodes which is not very user friendly).

In the old Layout Builder, we could put columns in the primary content area and still have a right sidebar. Now, we can’t do that. There is no way to have a sidebar without having columns in the Template Builder and no way to have columns inside of columns, so it’s a bit of a catch.

Here are some layout examples of when columns within columns is helpful:

http://postimg.org/image/ajvnug6jh/
    http://postimg.org/image/5z9hfimu5/

Viewing 16 replies (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    askwpgirl
    Participant

I’ll work with this and let you know how it plays out.

Thanks so much!!!!

I’m working on a lesson on sidebar layouts, column widths, and custom page templates. The lesson is based on layouts I’ve received from designers and my students this past year and will illustrate when to use the Template Builder versus when one might consider creating a custom page template. Also, I’ll discuss the other benefits of custom page templates which may not have a lot of code changes on the template itself, but, like your conditional filter above, can be used to conditionally control a lot of stuff.

Viewing 16 replies (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.