This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

TB Widget Areas error

• Creator
    Topic
    askwpgirl
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I upgraded a client from last summer’s beta version of JS to the latest. I recreated the child theme from scratch, but now they are seeing the following error when previewing page changes (and sometimes on the front end of the site):

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/clientname/public_html/sitename.com/wp-content/plugins/theme-blvd-widget-areas/tb-sidebars.php on line 210

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? I was thinking maybe there was some lingering code confusion in the database since my new child theme had same name as the old child theme, so I wouldn’t have to re-setup all their widgets.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

This error doesn’t point to anything in the current Widget Areas plugin. Have you made the sure the Widget Areas plugin is up-to-date, as well?

askwpgirl
    Participant

Jason, you are right! Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I realize I updated all the plugins on my dev version of the site, but when I migrated the new theme over, I missed that one. Sorry to bug you. What’s weird is that all the other TB plugins were up to date, and I did a bulk update, so I have no idea how it missed that one only. Silly.

askwpgirl
    Participant

Hi Jason,

So I updated the plugin and though thought the error would go away, but it is back, just with a new line number:

/home/user/public_html/thesitename.com/wp-content/plugins/theme-blvd-widget-areas/tb-sidebars.php on line 217

Again, we were using the Beta jump start on the site. I installed a new copy of the the parent and created a child theme from scratch. I’m just wondering if some lingering database association is happening between the old sidebars and the new one, since I used the same named child theme.

It seems to be happening most often when they “preview the page” after making some changes. There are no alternative sidebars for this page. It uses the default right sidebar.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

In theory I can think of why this would happen, but I can’t reproduce the same issue. It could be a difference in our PHP configurations.

Let’s do an experiment. In the plugin’s tb-sidebars.php file, find the line of the error 217:

if( ! empty( $sidebar_overrides ) ) {

And change to this:

if( ! empty( $sidebar_overrides ) && is_array( $sidebar_overrides ) ) {

Does the problem go away?

askwpgirl
    Participant

Yes, that made the problem go away.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.