This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tabs with Pagination

• Creator
    Topic
    bemofunny

Hi,
    I would like to be able to setup Pagination within a Tab. Is this possible since I couldn’t find it any where. The logic is that from my Level 1 of Navigation, I would like to get to a page that divided by Tabs (topics). On each tab, since it’s a long page I need to be able to break it down into multiple pages hence the pagination.

Thanks,
    CJ

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello CJ,

I don’t know that I’m totally following what you mean splitting the page into tabs. Do you mean like the tabs shortcode? If so, I don’t know how you’re going to incorporate pagination into those tabs. However, just in general, if you want to paginate the content of a static page, you can do it with the <!--nextpage--> quick tag within your page’s content.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Write_Post_SubPanel#Quicktags

bemofunny

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your quick response. But allow me to explain the rationales behind my approach. In my site, I decided to have 3 Levels of navigation:
    1. 1st Level is main navigation
    2. 2nd Level is the Tabs within the Content Area
    3. Within each tab, there would be page that could be very long, so I would like to break into smaller pages dynamically with tags. Hence, it’s 3rd level of navigation (pagination)

I could have accomplished this if I make the Level 2 as dropdown menu of Level 1. However, this approach doesn’t give user the ability to quickly navigation between each tabs which are generally related in term of content. Please see the enclosed image and let me know if there is a different solution that I can take to accomplish the same thing.

http://iux4u.mycloudnas.com/images/FirefoxSnapz014.png
    Thanks,

– CJ

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Apologies, but there is just no feature for what you’re asking to put pagination in a tab.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Akita Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.