This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: , , ,

Tabs & Pills Left/Right/Bottom 1.2.1 Bug

• Creator
    Topic
    mizzinc
    Participant

Hi Jason,

Just updated my testing environment to 1.2.1 and noticed ‘Tabs/Pills on Right/Left/Bottom’ etc are only displaying ‘Above’.

Tested using the Layout Builder and Shortcode in content.

– Michael

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Michael,

Unfortunately, it is not a bug. As described in your update notes, linked to from your changelog, there are no more tab positions other than on top. This is unfortunate, but the reason is because Bootstrap has done away with this in Bootstrap 3.

We always hate stripping away features, but unfortunately Bootstrap has dramatically simplified how their tabs works. And so our [tabs] shortcode (provided with Theme Blvd Shortcodes plugin) no longer has many of the navigation options that previously existed.

You can no longer set tab navigation to display to the right, left or below the tab content.

http://support.themeblvd.com/updating-to-jump-start-1-2/

… And this obviously apples to tabs in the Layout Builder, too, as this is all controlled from the same functionality.

mizzinc
    Participant

Oh! Interesting, I suppose it was a under utilised feature, though very useful in some cases.

Thanks for clarifying.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

It honestly did create quite a mess internally having so many options, and getting everything to look and be styled right in all circumstances. I’m sure people working on Twitter Bootstrap felt the same from their end, as well.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.