This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tabs Error on iPhone

• Creator
    Topic
    ejb5oh
    Participant

We have having an issue with the way tabs are handled on the iphone browser.  This only affects iPhone safari  and chrome browsers.  When we shrink down the windows browser, the tabs work just fine.  Here is the link: http://ap-police.com/department-policy/racial-profiling-complaints-and-compliments/

Here are pictures of problem: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x6cb6ptghrcmg4k/gRGA5fgmPS

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry but I’m not quite following. I’ve looked at your site on my iPhone and the tabs work just fine. I’ve looked at the screenshots you posted, but am still not quite understanding exactly what the issue is?

ejb5oh
    Participant

When I go to your Alyeska theme demo and look at your tabs.  They act differently.  They do not all open up on initial load, they wait for the user to click on the appropriate tag before displaying the content within that tab.

Mine on the other hand, displays content of all the tabs at the same time on initial load.  When you click on a tab title, it just moves your browser down to the title area of that tab.

See example of your site and my side side by side here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x6cb6ptghrcmg4k/gRGA5fgmPS

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Aw, I understand what you mean. Unfortunately that just has to do with your server, your site, how you’re connected to the Internet, and the load time everything happening.

This is just how jQuery works. Everything can’t get applied until the DOM is completely loaded. So looking at the tabs specifically, until your site is entirely loaded, you can’t really expect the tabs to be fully functional yet. In other words, it’s all part of the page loading.

Is it possible you have some extra plugins or anything you’re using for mobile that require extra javascript or extra load time? Or maybe you’re just using too many plugins in general for a solid mobile experience matched with the speed of your cellular internet service?

It’s hard to say, as there could be many factors at play. But I can tell you that when I look at your site on my iPhone (granted I’m connected to wifi and so are you in the screenshots) your site loads fine and everything works right away for me. So, I think what you’re seeing is maybe just a slow load time on your phone?

If you have a link to that consolidated set of tabs that’s in your recent screenshot, I can show you how it looks on my iPhone.

ejb5oh
    Participant

I do not know what you mean by, “If you have a link to that consolidated set of tabs that’s in your recent screenshot, I can show you how it looks on my iPhone.”

Can you host the images where I can see?  It does not seem to matter which connection my iphone has, it never loads properly.  I will try on other iphones and if you see it right, then it must be okay.

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Provide a link to the live page on your site where this screenshot was taken:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x6cb6ptghrcmg4k/gRGA5fgmPS#f:MY%20SITE%20EXAMPLE.PNG

ejb5oh
    Participant
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Yeah, see this is what I’m getting almost instantly, connected through cell service and all:

I think you may be over-thinking things a bit 😉

ejb5oh
    Participant

Strange, cause no matter my connection, LTE, Wifi, or 3G it does it everytime.

ejb5oh
    Participant

Found the problem. Had my private coder research the issue. Just so you know the problem was caused by the Nextgen Photoswipe plugin made by Guillermo Senas. I have reported the issue to him along with the fix. All is working well once again with the theme.

Thank you!! You may now close this thread.

For those who may experience the same issue, here is the fix as stated by my coder:

The following error occurs when browsing any page that does not have a gallery set up on a mobile device:

Uncaught Code.PhotoSwipe.createInstance: No images to passed.

The fix is to only call the photoSwipe() function if there is a gallery on the page. In ngg-photoswipe.js, we simply return if there are no thumbnail images before the main call to photoSwipe():

//Ready for photoSwipe!
    jQuery(function(){
    if (jQuery(‘.ngg-gallery-thumbnail a’).length == 0)
    return;
    jQuery(“.ngg-gallery-thumbnail a”).photoSwipe({

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.