This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Tagged: 

Tables in Tabs

• Creator
    Topic
    mhp
    Participant

Hi… is it possible to inset tables into the tabs. Just want insert small 3 column by 6 row tables.

Thanks. Mike

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello Mike,

I’ve never personally tried to put a table into a set of tabs, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Have you tried? Or are you unsure how to structure a table with HTML?

You can see an example here: http://www.themeblvd.com/demo/alyeska/features/typography/

mhp
    Participant

The html table code that I insert into the Tabs element content box in the builder layout seems to get ignored. My text and numbers show up, but not in the table format.

Any ideas?

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Aw, you mean within the raw content in the layout builder. No, I apologize but this won’t work. The table HTML will get stripped out. You’d need to exclude an external page with your HTML.

So, in the Tabs element, select “External page” for the content source, and then include a page where you’ve included the table. Does that work?

mhp
    Participant

Well that was easy! Thanks Jason.

atlantisrailjohn
    Participant

Looking to do the same thing (include content from another page) into a tab.

Don’t see the Tabs element External page? Tried this, but it does not work

[tab_2]
    id=”306″
    [/tab_2]

atlantisrailjohn
    Participant

[tab_2]

[/tab_2]

Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Apologies, but the theme or shortcodes plugin doesn’t come with any way to include content from an external page. This will not be possible within the [tabs] shortcode. The only way would be to do this from the “Tabs” element of a custom layout built in the Builder.

And for future reference, if you’d like to post code into the forum here, you can post it within <pre> tags so it displays.

<pre>
    your code to display …
    </pre>

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Alyeska Responsive WordPress Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.