This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Syncing the Footer to Layout Builder and adding the footer navigation menu

• Creator
    Topic
    johnmos
    Participant

When creating an awesome footer by checking the Sync Footer check box in theme options. I’d like to utilizes the default Footer Menu. I’ve tried bringing the footer menu in though custom menu in a floating widget area. This did not work, as the menu displayed in column format. Is there a way to accomplish this with menu displaying as it should horizontally.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Jason Bobich. Reason: Edited title to be more descriptive of issue
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you really wanted the menu to be dynamic and pull from what you’re doing in the Menu Builder, you’d need to create some sort of custom shortcode, or use themeblvd_add_builder_element().

But I wouldn’t think the menu you’re including in your footer is all that complex. If it were me, I’d just put the HTML of an unordered list with Bootstrap class “list-inline” in a content element. That’s pretty much all the default footer menu output is, anyway.

<ul class="list-inline">
      <li><a href="">Contact Us</a></li>
      <li><a href="">Terms</a></li>
      <li><a href="">Privacy</a></li>
    </ul>

http://getbootstrap.com/css/#inline

johnmos
    Participant

Yep, what i thought. Trying to made this as idiot resistant as i can.

Thank you much.

askwpgirl
    Participant

Yes, I’ve had some issue/question. Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.