This is searchable archive of our old support forums, which operated from 2012 - 2016. To find out how to get support for your current theme, please visit our support page.

Switching to jump start vice versa

• Creator
    Topic
    voncms
    Participant

Hi I have several Them Blvd themes and am wondering what would happen if I switched from Alyeska to Jump Start would it be a smooth upgrade? Or if I switched from Alyeska to Atika?

Also I am loving some of the new features in jump start but wondering if they will be added to Alyeska?

Lastly if I am understanding this right, would Alyeska essentially be considered a child theme for Jump Start. In other words the framework runs behind but we will be able to purchase themes like Alyeska for it?

Thanks hope it makes sense 🙂

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jason Bobich
    Keymaster

Hello,

Right now everything is sort of in a transitional period where I’m still trying to get all themes up to date.

Jump Start, Alyeska, Akita, etc, are all stand-alone WordPress themes use a shared theme framework. However, right now Jump Start contains v2.2 of the framework and all other themes contain v2.1. Everything (outside of theme options) transfer fine from theme to theme, however the main functionality difference is that v2.2 of the framework requires plugins on wordpress.org to get the features of Slider manager, Layout Builder, Widget Area manager, Shortcodes, and widgets.

Also I am loving some of the new features in jump start but wondering if they will be added to Alyeska?

In the next big update to Alyeska, the framework version will get updated to v2.2 and so it will have all of the new features you see with Jump Start.

Lastly if I am understanding this right, would Alyeska essentially be considered a child theme for Jump Start. In other words the framework runs behind but we will be able to purchase themes like Alyeska for it?

I guess you could think of it like that, but technically, that is not the case. Alyeska and Jump Start are both stand-alone parent WordPress themes, to which you’d create a Child theme for.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.